BECOMING A CHRISTIAN
Becoming a Christian is a matter of truly asking Jesus Christ to come into your life, forgive your sins, and become your Lord and Savior. It’s an act of sincere faith and heart-felt will to be obedient to God. If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. "For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." ROMANS 10:9-10 NIV
If you want to receive Jesus now, and accept His gift of salvation, you must accept Jesus Christ as your Lord & Savior, confess and repent of your sins, and turn the rest of your life over to Jesus Christ. This is a prayerful guideline for your sincere step of faith.
“Father, I have sinned which separated me from you. I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead and lives. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
If you became a Christian today, welcome to God’s family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
• Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
• Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
• Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
• Seek fellowship with other Christians. Develop a group of Christian friends to answer your questions and support you.
• Find a local church where you can worship God I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." JOHN 3:16 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." ROMANS 5:8 "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." ROMANS 10:13 "There is only one God, and Christ Jesus is the only one who can bring us to God." 1 TIMOTHY 2:5 "Christ died once for our sins. An innocent person died for those who are guilty. Christ did this to bring you to God." 1 PETER 3:18 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name."JOHN 1:12"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." JOHN 14:6 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.” REVELATION 3:20